The 17 people who were arrested in the raids of 15th October are all out on bail now and charges under the Terrorism Suppression Act will not be laid. However, 16 people - people from Tuhoe, Te Atiawa, Maniapoto, Pakeha; indigenous activists, anarchists, environmental and anti-war activists - are still facing charges under the Arms Act. Here is a list of upcoming solidarity events, information on donating money to the various funds and links to various groups. The struggle continues…
Upcoming Events | Donations for whanau support | Links | Aotearoa IMC Features
Auckland - Tamaki-makau-rau
- Saturday - Dec 1 - 12 noon - Aotea Square – March to say "Never Again – Repeal the terrorism Laws"
- Monday - December 3 - 9am - outside Auckland District Court: Rally to give solidarity to the 16 appearing in Court that day
- Friday - December 7 - Benefit Concert - at the Kings Arms, 59 France St, Newtown, with Dam Native, Cornerstone Roots, Unity Pacific and Batucada Sound Machine, DLT and more, to support Tuuhoe.
- December 31 - January 03 - Ten year anniversary of the Waikaremoana occupation
- Every Tuesday - 6pm - Support Meeting at 128 Abel Smith St.
- Thursday - November 29 - 7pm - Film Archive Cinema - 84 Taranaki St - The Last Resort
- Friday - November 30 - 8:30pm - Paramount Cinema, Wellington: PATU! - 1981 Springbok tour documentary
- Saturday - December 1 - FREE CONCERT, Frank Kitts Park, Wellington. You are invited to E tu! A free day concert on Sat 1st December (Sun 2nd if rain) from Noon till 7pm. Come and check out the amazing line up of bands, knowledgeable and insightful speakers, plus enjoy kids activities, food stalls and our Wellington waterfront. E tu! will provide you with the space, time, resources, and relaxed atmosphere to educated yourself, whanau and wider community about the Terrorism Suppression Act 2002, its background, global context and implications.
- Saturday - 24 November - Solidarity benefit dinner to raise funds to support those arrested in the October 15th raids, stop the terror raids! Nau mai, haere mai. Vegetarian smorgasbord, live music, and a speaker from the Christchurch crew who has recently been to Auckland for the November 3rd hearings. Starts 6pm, Otautahi Social Centre, 206 Barbadoes Street; $10 entry, kids free - limit 60 tickets, to book yours please phone (03) 366 7247 or email demozone@... We would love your help with cooking! If you are able to bake a cake, make a salad, a main, bring bread/dips/vegies etc then please email demozone(at)slingshot.co.nz
To help with court costs for the accused, and food, travel and accommodation for their families
- Ngai Tuhoe fund:
Cheques - Please make your cheque payable to 'Te Kotahi a Tuhoe' and post to: Te Kotahi a Tuhoe, PO Box 47, Taneatua, Whakatane.
Wire or Transfer Details - Bank: ASB, Account name: Te Kotahi a Tuhoe, Account Number: 12-3253-0032178-50, Bank address: ASB Bank, Whakatane Branch, 202 The Strand, Whakatane or PO Box 682, Whakatane 3158.
- National fund:
Cheques - Please make your cheque payable to 'Conscious Collaborations', and post to Conscious Collaborations, PO Box 91, Bulls.
Wire or Transfer Details - Wire or Transfer Details - Bank: Kiwibank, Account name: Conscious Collaborations Charitable Trust, Account Number: 38-9005-0969057-00, Bank address: Kiwibank Limited, 155 The Terrace, Wellington 6332. SWIFT: bknznz22
- Rotorua regional fund:
Cheques - Please make your cheque payable to 'Nga Tai o te Reinga', and post to Nga Tai o te Reinga, 61B Iles Rd, Lynmore, Rotorua.
Wire or Transfer Details - Bank: Kiwibank, Branch: Te Ngae, Account name: Nga Tai o te Reinga, Account Number: 38-9002-0653401-00, Bank address: Kiwibank Limited, Te Ngae Branch, Te Ngae PostShop, Shop 7, 512 - 518 Te Ngae Road, Rotorua.
- Wellington based fund:
Cheques - Please make your cheque payable to 'Peace Action Wellington', and post to Peace Action Wellington, PO Box 11-964, Wellington, New Zealand.
Wire or Transfer Details - Bank: BNZ, Branch: North End, Account name: Peace Action Wellington, Account Number: 02-0536-0458570-00, Bank address: BNZ, North End Branch, Pastoral House, 100 Lambton Quay, Wellington. Particulars/Code/Reference: Legal Def
- Auckland based fund:
Cheques - Please make your cheque payable to 'Global Peace and Justice Auckland', and post to GPJA, PO Box 7175, Wellesley St, Auckland.
Wire or Transfer Details - Bank: Kiwibank, Account name: Global Peace and Justice Auckland, Account Number: 38-9000-0099726-00. Particulars/Code/Reference: Defence Fund
Aotearoa IMC Features: Police raid houses across Aotearoa under anti-terrorism legislation, at least a dozen arrests (15 Oct. 07) | 17 activists arrested, denied bail. 300+ Police raid houses across the country (15 Oct. 07) | Solidarity with the Urewera 17! Free them now! (17 Oct. 07) | Stop the Terror Laws! Free our Friends! (19 Oct. 07) | "Raise your voice before you lose your soul" - protests across Aotearoa (20 Oct. 07) | Urewera 17 Update: Bail Denied, Another Police Raid, Another Activist Named, Wellington Activists Moved (26 Oct. 07) | Across the world, people demand freedom for political prisoners! (27 Oct. 07) | Urewera 16 in court - 2 more bailed (2 Nov. 07) | 150 People Protest Labour Conference in Tamaki Makaurau (3 Nov. 07) | Two more prisoners lose name supression (7 Nov. 07) | No terrorism charges for the Urewera 16! (8 Nov. 07) | Tuhoe Hikoi Arrives at Parliament (14 Nov. 07)
Aotearoa IMC Features: Tühoe: Te Ahikaa roa a Mihi ki te Kapua 2007/2008 (Aug. 07) | Confederation members set up road blockades and fight for their forest (Oct. 06) | Ko Te Manamotuhake Oo Tuuhoe - Maintaining the mana of Tuuhoe (Jun. 06) | The Ruatoki valley blazes as Tuhoe stands tall (Jan. 05)