In Whakatane, up to 1500 people marched in protest against the Police blockade of Ruatoki and Taneatua on Monday and their treatment of the people of Tuhoe country.
Stand in solidarity!
- Everywhere: Any letters emailed to lettersforprisoners[at]riseup[dot]net will printed out and distributed to arrestees. Obviously don't write anything that could negatively impact on you or anyone else! You can also write directly to the Wellington prisoners. [ Wgtn prisoner contact info ].
- Auckland: Demonstration Saturday at 12 noon meeting in Aotea Square. Saturday evening there is a fundraising film screening. [ Film Screening Info ]
- Lower Kaimai: A weekend has been organised to discuss and organise in solidarity with the arrestees [ Callout ].
- Wellington: A range of solidarity events have been organised in the coming days. [ List of upcoming solidarity events ].
- Christchurch: A solidarity rally and march will be held in Cathedral Square at 12noon on Saturday. [ Poster ]
- Dunedin: A rally against police intimidation of political activists will be held at 12 noon, Saturday 20th outside the Albany St Labour Party office
- Sydney, Australia: Public meeting & demonstration on Thursday October 25th, 5:30pm outside NZ Consulate-General, 55 Hunter St, Sydney
- Melbourne, Australia: A solidarity demonstration will be held Saturday 27th in Federation Square, 12noon.
National Day Of Action - Saturday 27th Oct, 12 noon
The Auckland defence committee has called out for a national day of action in solidarity with the arrestees for Saturday 27th October at 12 noon. Organise an event in your centre now, and post the details here at Aotearoa Indymedia.
5:48pm Friday - News just to hand - All four Wellington arrestees have been denied bail, and are being moved to Auckland to face their future hearings up there.