4/29/07

Movie: The Nu Face of Rebellion (Tonga 2006)




Following the pro-democracy riots in Tonga in 2006, troops from New Zealand and Australia were sent to quell the rebellion and restore Monarchical order. This documentary was filmed in the week after the troops arrived detailing the riots, the pro-democracy movement, the abuse of people by Tongan forces and the operations of the New Zealand and Australian army. The movie stands very much at odds with the mainstream media account of the events.

Download the movie: https://video.indymedia.org/en/2007/04/837.shtml

http://indymedia.org.nz/newswire/display/72960/index.php

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ana, thank you for posting this video (and the rest too) -- I'm just uploading this one to google now, and I'll post the link here when it's done.

Respectfully,
Ahni.

ps, you may want to fix the url to the video above - I think you missed the "http" part.

Anonymous said...

... and here it is on google video

A.

Ana said...

thanks for that sis

Anonymous said...

Ana, it was my pleasure.

I should probably tell you though -- while I'm honoured you would I'm a woman, I'm actually a guy :D

A.

Ana said...

Apologies Anhi, did not mean to disrespect you masculinity.
regards
Ana

Anonymous said...

Oh no Ana, I do not feel disrespected at all. I took it as a compliment :D

I just wanted to clarify - it might've been akward if some day we talked on the phone or even met, and you'd be thinking "who the heck is this?" hahaha!

Have a wonderful evening, Ana.

Tjurrara Ahniwanika.